I broke up with Noom. It was not because I did not believe in the system. Nope. It was the price. Here is the breakdown give or take any recent changes and keep in mind I am a teacher.
Monthly auto-renewing plan $70 USD
1. 2 month auto-renewing plan $129 USD
2. 3 month auto-renewing plan $159 USD
3. 4 month auto-renewing plan $169 USD
4. 5 month auto-renewing plan $174 USD
5. 6 month auto-renewing plan $179 USD
6. 7 month auto-renewing plan $184 USD
7. 8 month auto-renewing plan $189 USD
8. 9 month auto-renewing plan $195 USD
9. 10 month auto-renewing plan $199 USD
10. 11 month auto-renewing plan $205 USD
11. Annual auto-renewing plan $209 USD
Any plan you choose is pricey. So since I am basically counting what goes into my mouth I went back to Weight Watchers, my old friend. While there is still a cost it is more palatable.
1. The Unlimited Workshops + Digital plan starts at $6.92/week ($27.68 per month).
2. The Digital 360 plan starts at $4.61/week ($18.44 per month).
3. The Digital plan starts at $3.38/week ($13.52 per month).
So, obviously a difference. Let’s face it WW is the queen of weight loss, and as such, offers more in the way of recipies, support, articles, online and offline workshops etc. Noom sold me as it did not feel like a diet but it was and while you could eat your foods in their associated colors, if you were not careful nothing would budge. That happened but it was not the program it was my interpretation of amounts. So the point system instead of the color system works for me, as I cannot cheat as easily. Note as easily.
No program will make you lose weight. Only you can do it, armed with a plan, that works for you and your needs. I still believe in both programs and actually miss my little Noom bot who checked on me daily but her cost and wide range of colorful ways to push the limit guided me back to a stricter environment. Twenty-three points a day. I have already consumed three!